Decorating & Furniture/painting a metal dinning room set

I'd like to paint the table frame and chairs in a non-shiney black finish.  I'd then like to accent it with a deep copper ( or dark mohogany ) color perhaps by applying it with a sponge.  Any thoughts?

Lightly sand the surface first, then dust with a slightly damp cloth (to remove residue).  When you accent with copper (or mahogany) use either a dry brush technique or a rag on - wipe off; either will give you more control than a sea sponge.   If you need more specific instruction on paint techniques, visit

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology