Decorating & Furniture/painting old furiture

I have seen many redo's on old furniture in colors of blue and coral that are incredible which have also priced me right out of the market.  I would like to find the colors and medium they are using and try to rehad some of my old pieces...light blues with gray tops,etc.  all the new stores are displaying them.  Any suggestions?

I am sorry Dawn but I don't think I can help you much with this.

Are you in the US?  I am in England and think this is perhaps a style that hasn't yet crossed the Atlantic!

Without being able to visualise the furniture you are describing I can't offer any advice about the materials they are using but I would suggest that you perhaps take a paint colour chart to the store with you to help you pick the shades that you have seen and liked.

Sorry I can't be more help.

Kind regards,

PS  If you can find a picture on the internet to show me what the furniture looks like please feel free to resubmit your question with a link and I will try to help more.

Decorating & Furniture

Andrea Elliston

I am happy to answer questions regarding decorating, use of colour, soft furnishings ideas etc. I love quick and easy ideas that help people like me - short of time, money and sewing skills! I own and run the website Decorating Vacation Property for Profit

I have been involved in the decoration and preparation of a number of vacation rental properties where making a property look a million dollars whilst only spending a few pounds is very important.

I have had a number of articles printed and have been prolific on various vacation home owner forums. A lot of my ideas are featured on my website Decorating Vacation Property for Profit

My whole career has been in the travel industry working everywhere from UK travel agencies and London Heathrow Airport to a 5 star European resort - La Manga Club. I have extensive experience with vacation rental property and own and run the website Decorating Vacation Property for Profit