Decorating & Furniture/painting a pocket door or not

Question
I have a wall that is aprox. 11 ft. long in my living room.   There is a pocket door aprox. 3 ft wide for my coat closet on the left portion of the wall. The pocket door is a 6 panel door that is Fiberglass with a wood grain to it.  We have painted the wall a Stonington Beige and will have crown molding in the whole room painted white.  This is the wall we will put a large TV on.

My question is:  If I want the door to blend in ( as much as possible anyway) should I paint the door and the trim around it the same color as the wall or would it look nicer painting the door and the trim white to match the color of the crown molding and another door in the room?

Also, will it look all right to have crown molding white but rest of molding in the room to be stained oak ?

Thanks for your help.
Lynn

Answer
Dear Lynn,
   This is just my opinion but I think it will look better with the white trim around the door and the beige for the door. Here is an example:
http://www.geocities.com/rminteriordecor/door.jpg

I also think that it would look better to keep with one trim to give it more of a cleaner look. Hope this helps, good luck!

Rachel Mallon
RMdecor
http://www.geocities.com/rminteriordecor

Decorating & Furniture

Rachel Mallon Allied Member ASID