Decorating & Furniture/painting & staining interior doors

Question
I am installing a new pre-framed bedroom door in my condo. The woodwork in the bedroom is stained, but the woodwork in the adjoining hallway is painted white. I have read that it is okay to stain one side of the door and paint the other. If I do this, should the door frame be stained or painted? Thanks!

Answer
Hello,
Why not stain the jamb woodwork (threshold)for an easy transition.  Paint the frame in the hallway to match the door.  Stain the frame in the bedroom to match the door. You're right to maintain consistency in each area.

Good Luck!
Alicia Valair, CID, CKD, Allied Member ASID

Decorating & Furniture