Decorating & Furniture/I am painting my walls a shade...

I am painting my walls a shade of beige and would like to know what color the doors and crown molding should be painted in order to look its best. My doors are steel.  Thanks

Hi Polly, Paint your trim a lighter color of the beige you are using or even white.  It depends on your upholstery colors and other wood furniture in your room.  If you paint the lighter beige, go up two colors on your color swatch to give enough of a contrast.  Also, do the walls in a low-lustre or satin finish. The use a semi-gloss on the trim and doors. Make sure to use a primer/sealer on your doors first. The different sheens will give a professional look to your paint job.  Happy Decorating, JoAnne Lenart-Weary  

Decorating & Furniture

JoAnne Lenart-Weary

I can answer anything that is decorating related. Wall and window treatments, color, furniture, placement, where to begin with a decorating plan, etc.

Almost 30 years as an interior decorator and 4 years of teaching professional workshops to other interior decorators/designers and interior redesigners. Board member for IRIS www.weredesign, founder of ODDAA (One Day Decorating Alumni Association) Weekly guest for ABC affiliate in Erie, Pa. Have also been on HGTV

Baby Talk Magazine
Many newspapers