Decorating & Furniture/painting of walls to suit floor tiles

Question
... i'll be moving into a new room in a few weeks time, and i fell in love with a saffron-coloured tile i could use on the floors... but i'm confused as to what colours would look great on the walls against these tiles. only two walls will be painted as the other two will have wall cupboards in dark brown... i was thinking maybe an orange or a peach, but would that be too harsh? what colours will look great?

Answer
Saffron would go well with various shades of red or brown.  You could also use a cool shade of green (to offset the warmth of the yellow) such as celery or sage.  

An orange would work, being mindful of the amount of yellow that's in the red (to make it orange).  In other words, match it carefully or it will look too disjointed when paired together.  Being a shade of red - it can work.

Jenny

PS:  You may want to consider a shade like nutmeg which incorporates a touch of red, some yellow and brown in it's creation.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik