Decorating & Furniture/painting walls

i have a contemporary leather living room set, that is between the color of banana and a sand mixture. my tables are contemporary a dark finish brownish/black in color. what colors would look best to paint my living room walls.

My best suggestion is to paint your living room walls a medium to light shade of your favorite color.  With the color of your leather, you can use virtually any color.  If you want to accent your furniture, then paint the walls in a darker shade of whatever color you choose.  If you want to accent the walls more than the furnishings, paint them lighter.  

Some great color combinations include an icy blue (sky)a  medium grey blue, a celedon green (darker than the couch),  a soft shade of lilac, or a bright cranberry red.

Surround yourself with the colors you love, and you will never go wrong.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology