Decorating & Furniture/painting wood furniture

Question
Dear JoAnne,

I have just painted my kitchen table. My next plan is to stencil small leaves and flowers around the edges of the table.

My question is, once I have applied my stenciled flowers what type of coating should I put on the top of the table?  Someone suggested clear varnish. What do you think I should do?  

Answer
Hi Lydia, It sounds like a beautiful table.  You are smart to try and protect your hardwork.  You will want to use a satin polyurethane on your table to make sure the paint doesn't get scratched up. Apply 3-4 coats to truly protect the table. Make sure to use a satin sheen and not a high gloss.  Happy Decorating from the "Queen of Decorating, JoAnne Lenart-Weary www.onedaydecorating.com

Decorating & Furniture

JoAnne Lenart-Weary