Decorating & Furniture/paiting walls and celiling

Question
We are in the process of decorating a room that is narrow and has two beams going across the ceiling    I really want to paint the room red  it will be used for a theatre room mostly but on one end the computer and desk will be there in a cubby    the beams or weight bearing  beams make the room look  like it issectioned in three smaller rooms could I paint the celing a darker shade so the beams blend in better  I do not want any white in the room  dark brown funiture with a deep red color on the walls is what im after  I need help could I put a medium beige on the computer side of the room with it   what colors should i use

Answer
Paint the ceiling.  You can encompass the room in red, but that will be a bit over the top.  You may want to paint the ceiling and support beams in a pleasant shade of brown.  Browns range from taupe to chocolate, and include medium beige.  You can use that in the computer area and/or on the ceiling with great results.  

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik