Decorating & Furniture/picking the right fabric & color for a chair in living rm

Question
I have a taupe & white broccade couch; I was given a beautiful silk wall hanging that is dark taupe with white sequins.  I need a chair that will be underneath the wall hanging.  I have looked hard for the right fabric & color for this chair; I'm lost.  right now my walls are off white; I need color for the rm. just don't know what color pallette would work for the chair; I know I want something to pop! without being too bold

Answer
Hi Beverly

I am not sure if it is the same where you are but in the UK, a colour scheme that has become very popular is taupe and cream with a beautiful shade of turquoise-y blue.  A bit like the third rug pictured on this page:

http://www.decorating-vacation-property-for-profit.com/Floor_Covering.html

I think this is a super combination which gives you colour, freshness and a very contemporay look without being too bold.

I think a plain fabric in this colour with perhaps one plain cream cushion or pillow would look great.

Kind regards

Andrea

Decorating & Furniture

Andrea Elliston