Decorating & Furniture/picking the right fabric & color for a chair in living rm

I have a taupe & white broccade couch; I was given a beautiful silk wall hanging that is dark taupe with white sequins.  I need a chair that will be underneath the wall hanging.  I have looked hard for the right fabric & color for this chair; I'm lost.  right now my walls are off white; I need color for the rm. just don't know what color pallette would work for the chair; I know I want something to pop! without being too bold

Hi Beverly

I am not sure if it is the same where you are but in the UK, a colour scheme that has become very popular is taupe and cream with a beautiful shade of turquoise-y blue.  A bit like the third rug pictured on this page:

I think this is a super combination which gives you colour, freshness and a very contemporay look without being too bold.

I think a plain fabric in this colour with perhaps one plain cream cushion or pillow would look great.

Kind regards

Decorating & Furniture

Andrea Elliston

I am happy to answer questions regarding decorating, use of colour, soft furnishings ideas etc. I love quick and easy ideas that help people like me - short of time, money and sewing skills! I own and run the website Decorating Vacation Property for Profit

I have been involved in the decoration and preparation of a number of vacation rental properties where making a property look a million dollars whilst only spending a few pounds is very important.

I have had a number of articles printed and have been prolific on various vacation home owner forums. A lot of my ideas are featured on my website Decorating Vacation Property for Profit

My whole career has been in the travel industry working everywhere from UK travel agencies and London Heathrow Airport to a 5 star European resort - La Manga Club. I have extensive experience with vacation rental property and own and run the website Decorating Vacation Property for Profit