Decorating & Furniture/pine walls and baseboard

Hi, just wondering what you would suggest for hard wood flooring that would complement pine wall (part) and baseboard. I really love the teak color word , although it may be too much of a contrast. a pine or cypress might make the room toooo piney. thanks becky

If you can't get an exact match you are better off going for something completely different rather than something that is nearly right.

I agree that adding more pine could be a bit much so think you are right to choose a very different wood as a contrast.

Kind regards,

Decorating & Furniture

Andrea Elliston

I am happy to answer questions regarding decorating, use of colour, soft furnishings ideas etc. I love quick and easy ideas that help people like me - short of time, money and sewing skills! I own and run the website Decorating Vacation Property for Profit

I have been involved in the decoration and preparation of a number of vacation rental properties where making a property look a million dollars whilst only spending a few pounds is very important.

I have had a number of articles printed and have been prolific on various vacation home owner forums. A lot of my ideas are featured on my website Decorating Vacation Property for Profit

My whole career has been in the travel industry working everywhere from UK travel agencies and London Heathrow Airport to a 5 star European resort - La Manga Club. I have extensive experience with vacation rental property and own and run the website Decorating Vacation Property for Profit