Decorating & Furniture/possibly very boring purchase

Hi Andrea,
I will be purchasing end and coffee tables along with a sofa and loveseat for a small livingroom. The room is cut off from any other and has wall to wall light beige carpeting. The walls are a very light beige. THere is a bay window with natural wood around it - a wall with a fireplace that has stone (greyish and beige) from the width of the fireplace up to the ceiling. THe walls next to the fireplace have about a foot of wall space, with a four shelf orangish pine bookcase on either side indented into the walls.
My husband and I both kind of fell in love with a set of white end tables and coffee table as well as tv stand. This was paired with a navy blue leather sofa and loveseat - along with Navy and brass lamps.
Can you tell me whether the tables will just blend into the walls and carpet, making for a very boring look, or should I try for tables made out of a wood with some coloring so that there will be some contrast.
Thank you so very much.

Maybe it is just in my house Bobbie but I never seem to see the top of a coffee table.

All I can ever see is:

On a bad day - dirty cups, homework, TV remotes, pens, hair slides and yesterday's newspaper.

On a good day - a lovely dish of fruit or sweets, a stylish coffee table book or a beautifully arranged vase of flowers.

My advice is, if you have seen tables you both love - get them.

If you really feel they look too plain then buy a beautiful dish or set of dishes to place on the top which will be shown off to great effect because of the plainness of the table.

A selection of glass dishes, each one filled with something different - oranges, shiny green apples, sweets in lovely wrappers etc. - lovely.

Kind regards

Decorating & Furniture

Andrea Elliston

I am happy to answer questions regarding decorating, use of colour, soft furnishings ideas etc. I love quick and easy ideas that help people like me - short of time, money and sewing skills! I own and run the website Decorating Vacation Property for Profit

I have been involved in the decoration and preparation of a number of vacation rental properties where making a property look a million dollars whilst only spending a few pounds is very important.

I have had a number of articles printed and have been prolific on various vacation home owner forums. A lot of my ideas are featured on my website Decorating Vacation Property for Profit

My whole career has been in the travel industry working everywhere from UK travel agencies and London Heathrow Airport to a 5 star European resort - La Manga Club. I have extensive experience with vacation rental property and own and run the website Decorating Vacation Property for Profit