Decorating & Furniture/red suede couches

Question
We just bought a home that has high ceilings.  The kitchen and living room are all one room.  My kitchen is decorated in vintage Coca Cola and my living room has oversized red suede couches with a black center table.  The wall colors are currently an eggshell color and I am wanting to add some accent colors that will keep a vintage feel.  What colors would you suggest?

Answer
Hi Stacie;
The word vintage conjures up memories of things past, so with that in mind, the coca cola trays in the 1950's had shades of blue on them. The diners during that same era had walls painted in turquoise and the old time coke machines were stainless steel, black, red & white.
So, to give your walls some pizzazz, you could paint a black and white check, (12" square) along the bottom half of the wall and a light blue on top. To cover the area where the two colors meet, you could apply silver or red raised  pin stripping that you buy in rolls from an automotive store and just glue it to the wall.
Or, you could use a faux finish on the bottom in silver & gray tones and then paint the top in just one of the two colors that you use, though again, use the raised auto pin stripping to finish it off............
I hope this gives you some ideas.
Thanks,
Lora  

Decorating & Furniture

Lora Mac Alistaire