Decorating & Furniture/refinishing furniture

I have a very traditional cherry with brass handles dining room buffet. It is a good piece but VERY boring. My foyer is cocoa with white crown and trim, tile floor in coordinating color. I think I would like to try to update my buffet by one of those two step spray processes that would change it to an off-white "crackeled" look. Do you have any experience in this kind of thing? Am I crazy to paint this?

I don't have personal experience in crackling, but I know many people are thrilled with the results.  

I don't think you're crazy to paint your furniture.  If it's dull now, it won't be better until you do something with it.

Visit for some tips on faux finishes - and best of luck with your project.  

PS:  Be sure to update the furniture hardware too.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology