Decorating & Furniture/repainting ceiling

how to prepair,repair flaking gib ceiling.

This is a tough job.  Check with your local building supply store or home improvement store and explain exactly what the condition of the ceiling is.  There are "patch kits" available for ceilings, but they never quite match the original.  If you have only cracks, use caulking to repair that and repaint the entire ceiling.

Whatever you do, you will need to repaint the ceiling when you have repaired it.  Use a roller with a thick nap (for textured surfaces).

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology