Decorating & Furniture/right color to paint bathroom

Question
Hi Jenny,

I could use your help in choosing a wall color for my bathroom and updating ideas.

I have a "50's" color bathroom.  I've matched up the tile colors to paint chips from Sherwin Williams.  The main tile (4x4s)is SW#6331, Smoky Salmon(in the pink/peach family)and the tile trim is Martha Stewart #8234, Canning Jar (green family).
The toilet and sink are this green color also.
Tile comes up 47" from floor.  Bathroom size is 6'x7'.  Floor is small 1x1 tile in the green shades.

So would you go with a green to match the trim which is what's on there now or something neutral?  What color would you pain the baseboard radiator and window trim?  What color window blind and window treatment? (its green now)  There's ALOT of green and ALOT of salmon right now.  What other color could you introduce to tone this down?
Also will be replacing the medicine cabinet which is currently chrome with mirrors and very dated.
My favorite colors run the gammot from yellows, greens, burgundys. I love the Meditarranean, Tuscan, French country colors. I am attempting a tuscan look for the entire house, so the rest of my walls are a creamy, very very light golden yellow.  
Any help you could give would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you so much,
Mercedes

Answer
Hi Mercedes,

Thanks for your questions.  Since you like the Tuscan feel, you might try going for a dark shade of the salmon color.  

Adding a deeper tone will cut down on the green.  As for curtains, trims etc., I'd undoubtedly go with a crisp white (or offwhite if you prefer).  You need some contrast and not so much "same".  

Try out the darker pumpkin color by purchasing a set of towels that you can return if you hate it.  Add a white/off-white shower curtain and add a trim to it in the dark pumpkin (like a cording or ribbon through the holes in the shower curtain).  

Avoid more green.  
Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik