Decorating & Furniture/At the risk of being a complete...

At the risk of being a complete pest on this project, I have a couple more questions.  With white wall and trim on one wall and brick on the other, could I keep a white book shelf and possibly a white table and floor lamp without messing up the whole scheme? (Pieces would be near the brick wall.) Or should I get them out of the room and use something else.  Also, could I use an oriental rug in the sitting area only, if the colors are right?  Thank you so much.  I like what you are suggesting I do and very much appreciate your help.

Dear Marilyn,
    I am more than happy to help with any questions. Sorry I am a little late on answering this one. I think that the white would look really nice. It will help brighten up the space. I think that an oriental rug is to formal for a sunroom, but this is just my opinion. I would recommend something a little more casual but comfortable. Send me pictures to if you would like some more suggestions. Good Luck.

Rachel Mallon

Decorating & Furniture

Rachel Mallon Allied Member ASID

I will answer any questions concerning interior design and decorating. I can help with color, furniture placement, material choices, and much more. I am more than happy to help people. Please email me with questions and concerns. Decorating may not be as easy as it looks and with a little help from me you can improve your living space. Check out my decorating blog Room in a Book Blog
If you are looking to redo an entire room in your home and want professional design assistance please visit Room in a Book

Experience: I have a bachelors degree in Interior Design. I have worked for West Elm and Kitchen Kaboodle and I recently worked for an Interior Design firm in Portland, OR. I currently work as an Interior Designer in Maui, Hawaii. Room in a Book