Decorating & Furniture/room makeover for my tween

i am absolutely thrilled to be giving mt daughter a room makeover. however - the colors she desires are quite bold.  i do not mind to do the room in thesecolors, but i want it to look GREAT for her. the colors are bright blue and lime green - i would like to splash in some aqua somewhere.any other colors?  her room is sorta small.  i thought a very light lime on the walls with the blues and a brighter lime green for polka dots.  what about painting the trim?  it is unattractive anyway. what about the back of the doors? (also inexpensive and unattractive)  what about one wall one color and another another color? her style is that of a ten year old - bright colors -funky/cool accessories.  this is a total birthday surprise for her and the wall colors have me a bit puzzled. i appreciate any advice/ideas on this room you can give.  thank you so much  

Use the bright blue on 2 walls, the lime green on the other two walls.  Keep the trim white.  If you want to add acqua, then add it to the green walls not the blue.  Don't go nuts with dots - one wall is sufficient.  I'd probably opt to use the bright blue wall and paint green dots on it.  Keep the doors and all the trim white.

After you've done the painting, incorporate the colors into her bedding and art-work.  You'll also need to add one more color -- hot pink or bright yellow perhaps -- to give the room a jolt of unexpected color.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology