Decorating & Furniture/selecting wallpaper/paint

Question
I have a medium blue couch with peach as the secondary color.  I am desperately trying to find some type of neutral color pallete that would work in my living room as well as blending into my dining room without making it look like one big room.  I have beige vertical blinds in the living room (approx. 14 ft wide) and beige curtains with off-white shears in the dining room.  I'm wondering how I can blend them and still have separate rooms.  I would like to paper the top half of the living room and paint the bottom seperated by a border or chair rail painted the same color?  any suggestions?  Thank you so much for your help

Answer
So what you actually have are three colors:  medium blue, peach and beige (off-white).  My suggestion is to use either the peach or a pale shade of the same blue for your walls.  Incorporate the other color (either the peach or the blue) into your draperies, keeping your sheers off-white.

To differentiate between the rooms, consider using the chair rail in the dining area only and paint it white or stain it to match your dining room furniture.  If you have a natural stopping point between the two rooms, paint one of them in the peach (I'd opt for the dining room) and the other in a pale blue.

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik