Decorating & Furniture/sheen striping

Hi there.
I hope you can help me. I am getting ready to sheen stripe a 2 year old girls 12x15 bedroom.
I am going to be putting a chairail also.  My question is this..I am sheer striping it a creamy medium pink..That is the color I am using below the chair rail.What do you suggest to use above? would you paint the chair rail the same color as above it?
I was not sure if I should use a linen or creamy white above.  If you have a color number for above in benjamin moore or behr.that would be great. I am going to be using Behrs Bridal Rose color below.

Thank you so much in advance.
p.s. do you have an email so I can send pics for an awkward den..

God bless,
bella 35
p.s. I love the romantic elegant look and hope I am able to accomplish that in my home.

The most elegant look you can achieve is to use the "same" color above and below the chair rail, but use it in a different finish/texture.  If you are doing the stripe below in a flat finish and striping in an eggshell/satin finish, select the satin finish for the top half.  Trim should be either white or off-white; not pink.  

Blessings back to you,

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology