Decorating & Furniture/slanted walls

Question
I ahve two bedrooms that are painted solid colors . I would like to repaint but am not sure how to go about doing so. In both rooms the walls are straight on three sides and the fourth side comes up about 40 inches are then slants, following the roof line. The wall opposite the slanted side curves at the top, so there is no hard line where it meets the ceiling. How do i gave some interest to these walls? I thought about stripes, but am not sure where or how?

Answer
Thanks for your questions.  The easiest way to add interest in this case -- and you already have a lot of interest going on with the slants and curves -- is to draw attention to the straight walls.  There you can either use a decorative paint treatment (visit www.fauxlikeapro.com for ideas and specific how-to's) like sponging or ragging, or you could create stripes using low tac painter's tape.  

Creating stripes (and you may want to consider horizontal stripes rather than vertical ones) is mostly a matter of math and then preparation.  The painting part is easy.  First determine the size of your wall, then the size of your stripes.  It's best to work in odd numbers.  Simple division then and tape off where you want the negative space to be (the edge of the stripe).  Continue until everything is taped off, then paint.  Once the paint has had about 30 minutes to dry, carefully peel off the tape.

Good luck on your project!
Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik