Decorating & Furniture/small bathroom

Question
Suggesttions for a small bathroom. 5 by 71/2 feet with a 8 1/2ceiling.Also has  2 doors, small  window and a recessed tub with a shower. White tile floor, currently off white walls with green ceiling with a print border around the top. Would like suggestions for walls, ceiling. current border so high up it isn't noticed.
Like wall paper but afraid it would only make it appear smaller. Like greens and ajoining bedroom is cream and blue. storage not a issue, one of the doors is to a tiny little make-up linen closet. can be "girlie", have a few plants currently garden theme. Any suggesting for paint wallcovering and accesories?  

Answer
Karen,

Thanks for your questions.  First of all paint the off-white walls.  Your color choices include greens (pull the shade out of the border) yellows, pale blues.  If you opt for green, make sure it is a different shade of green from the ceiling.  If you select another color altogether, paint the ceiling white OR better yet, a darker shade of the wall color.  Avoid wallpaper - it's easier to repaint than to redo a wallpapered wall.  

You could always do a faux paint treatment.  Visit www.fauxlikeapro.com for examples and how to instructions.  Ragging or sponging is the easiest, cheapest, quickest and you get great results.  You could even combine blue, green, and yellow.  Just remember the last color you apply is the color you see most of.

If you're happy with the garden theme, keep it.  If you need a change, then stay tailored, keeping it simple and elegant.  Sage walls, white tile, touches of blue (from your bedroom) and accessories in sleek silver tones are always stylish.

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik