Decorating & Furniture/sofa decision

Question
I'm wondering if it's always necessary to go with the traditional sofa/loveseat purchase.  I've seen some model homes in which there are two sofas instead of the typical sofa and loveseat and I'm considering doing this in my home.  I have a large family room that needs new furniture and I think it would be nice to have that extra seating space.  I realize, though that model homes can take risks that most people wouldn't. If I did decide to get the two sofas I would either put them parallel to each other or possibly in the more common L-shape.  What's your opinion on this?

Thanks,
Cori

Answer
I say go for it.  I LOVE the idea of two sofas rather than sofa and love seat. I even like "non-matching" sofas together in a room.  People get too hung up on matchy matchy and some people don't think outside the furniture showroom.  

You can face them, angle them out from each other, or create an L shape.  What works in your home is what you need to do.  

Thanks for writing.  Great question!
Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik