Decorating & Furniture/storage bench project

Hello Jenny. thank you in advance for your valuable time. we have a little area in front of the banister that we want to make unique. we are going to get a storage bench with a cushion on top so it can be used as a seat. we also wanted to mount cushions to the small area of the wall above the bench to create a love seat effect. the look i am thinking of for the wall is almost like a mattress because it has dimples created by buttons. obviosly not to thick because we dont want it hanging over the bench. really just for a look.

I cannot seem to find any place that sells wall cushions. any ideas? either a store or a how to would be great.

The best place is your local fabric store.  There you can purchase upholstery foam in varying thicknesses and have it cut to size.  Atop the foam goes a layer of batting (also from the fabric store) and then the upholstery fabric.  To tuft the fabric, purchase buttons that allow you to cover them and then purchase a very long needle to sew from the back side of the foam to the front (to apply the buttons).  

Any major fabric store will be happy to assist you in planning and purchasing for this project.  

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology