Decorating & Furniture/table for kitchen

Question
Rachel:
Space in my kitchen (cherry cabinets-light color formica/light color beige floor/tapestry wall paper)
the place where the table is 7'8" wide x 8' long. have a  54" long x36" wide oak table. has  2 board for extension, when I  need to use. Question: I feel the table is too big for the area. What size and finished  table would you recommend. The cabinets are a beautiful cherry wood, and planninng to change the floor to tile. I feel jammed with this size table. Holiday's I need to sit 8 people at this table.
Thanks, for any information you can give me.

joyce

Answer
Dear Joyce,
    If your space for the table is 7'-8" X 8' long then I dont think it is possible to fit eight people comfortably at one table. Since I dont know how your eating area is layed out, it is hard for me give you any suggestions. Are there any children that can sit at another table? I am sorry I cannot help you more. Are you able to send a sketch of your floor plan?

Rachel Mallon
RMdecor

Decorating & Furniture

Rachel Mallon Allied Member ASID