Decorating & Furniture/tablecloth dimensions

Hi JoAnne,
I am confused about the correct dimensions for a tablecloth for my dining table. My table is oval and the dimensions are 73 inches in length and 45 inches wide. What size tablecloth do I need for the proper drop around the table?
thanks! Shelley

The key to a great table cloth is to make sure that the covering has enough of a drop. Standard drop on a dining table is 6-10".  If you are purchasing a premade tablecloth then a 60 x 84 will fit your table fine.  If you are making the cloth yourself you could go up to a 65 x 93.  This will give you a 10" drop on each side of the table.

Happy Decorating, JoAnne Lenart-Weary "The Queen of Decorating"  

Decorating & Furniture

JoAnne Lenart-Weary

I can answer anything that is decorating related. Wall and window treatments, color, furniture, placement, where to begin with a decorating plan, etc.

Almost 30 years as an interior decorator and 4 years of teaching professional workshops to other interior decorators/designers and interior redesigners. Board member for IRIS www.weredesign, founder of ODDAA (One Day Decorating Alumni Association) Weekly guest for ABC affiliate in Erie, Pa. Have also been on HGTV

Baby Talk Magazine
Many newspapers