Decorating & Furniture/trendy loft...window treatments?

QUESTION: Hi..what window treatments would you suggest for a trendy, contemporary loft?
It's open, airy, not a lot of furniture..bedroom window..floor to
walls, espresso bedroom furniture....appreciate your help!

ANSWER: Thanks for writing Steven.  If you need privacy, opt for sleek inside mount blinds.  If privacy isn't a concern,  I would either leave the windows bare OR create a floor to ceiling soft semi-sheer drape (no pleats or fuss - perhaps grommeted) hung from wire.  

Thanks for your reply. Part of the reason I want anything at all is that in the morning for about 15 mins., the sun is right in my eyes. Otherwise, I could do without.

So, I'm not sure sheer would work given the sun issue...thanks!

Some trendy blinds are probably your best bet for light control.  If you only need the light control for a bit of the day, get small horizontal blinds.  When you no longer need them, you can raise them and it will appear there is virtually nothing covering your windows.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology