Decorating & Furniture/tudor style house

We are buying a tudor-style house.  The house has two rooms that can be used for living/family rooms.  Both of these rooms have the tudor look of white walls and dark brown beams.  One of the rooms has hardwood floors and the other has a neutral color of carpet.  In our current house, we have plain, clean lined, black leather couches and simple black end tables and coffee table.  Do you think we can work our current furniture into a tudor style house and do you have any suggestions for how to do so?  Thanks!

Hi Jaime

I think your furniture will look really good in this house.

I like mixing old and new and if I had a Tudor style home myself would much rather decorate it in a modern style than a more traditional country cottage look.

I would definitely stick with the white walls and the black furniture and would just brighten it up a bit with a colour - whatever you like really but red would be stunning - and use that in a few rugs and cushions.

Kind regards

Decorating & Furniture

Andrea Elliston

I am happy to answer questions regarding decorating, use of colour, soft furnishings ideas etc. I love quick and easy ideas that help people like me - short of time, money and sewing skills! I own and run the website Decorating Vacation Property for Profit

I have been involved in the decoration and preparation of a number of vacation rental properties where making a property look a million dollars whilst only spending a few pounds is very important.

I have had a number of articles printed and have been prolific on various vacation home owner forums. A lot of my ideas are featured on my website Decorating Vacation Property for Profit

My whole career has been in the travel industry working everywhere from UK travel agencies and London Heathrow Airport to a 5 star European resort - La Manga Club. I have extensive experience with vacation rental property and own and run the website Decorating Vacation Property for Profit