Decorating & Furniture/wall border

Question
In my home/office, I put up wall border.  The problem is that I ran out of my border before I was finished.  I have a small space left on my wall where there is no border and I'm having problems finding the same border.  Could you give me some decorating ideas on what I can use in this space?

Thanks!

Answer
Thanks for writing and for your question.  This happens so many times.  My best advice is that you remove the border completely from that one wall.  Here's why.  Anything done well in decorating is done with "intentionality".  Even mistakes look better when they look intentional.  If you leave the space, it only draws attention to that area.  If you paint it - same thing.  If you remove the border from the entire wall, that looks intentional.

If your heart is set on the border, do a search on the internet for that manufacturer and see if you can order more.  Be aware that even if you "match" the design, what you get subsequently may be of a different dye lot causing some difference in colors/tones.    Again, if you order, order enough to do the entire wall.

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik