Decorating & Furniture/wall color

I will be renting a condo soon and will be allowed to paint. I was really wanting to paint the living room walls a sage green color, but when I visited the condo again I found that the owner has put in new dark emerald green carpet(only in the LR, thank goodness) since the last time I saw it! This doesn't go with any colors that I think I would like in my living room, can you suggest anything that I may not have thought of? There is also a new chair rail around the room, what can I do with that? Thanks!

Since you like sage green, take another look at some color samples and compare them to the carpet color for compatibility.  I'm sure you'll find a suitable green for the walls.  If not, consider a khaki or taupe shade, and paint the chair rail white.  

Hope this helps.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology