Decorating & Furniture/wall color for bedroom

I am looking for a gold color for my large bedroom and bathroom. The floor and shower in the bathroom is a light neutral travertine. The granite in the bath will be flakes of black, tan and gold. New carpet and bedspread will be purshased when the painting is complete.
I hired a color expert and he suggested Benjamin Moore HC-41 richmond gold for the bathroom and two walls in the bedroom.HC-42 roxbury carmel was suggested for the rest of the bedroom. Richmond gold was too brown and though roxbury carmel brought out colors in the travertine and granite, it looked too much like teracota.
Please help!

Dear Mary Perry,
      Sounds like your in a dilemma. Sometimes its better to hire an interior decorator to choose paint colors. I think that you should go for more a golden beige color for both          rooms. Please go to   
to see what I have chosen for your colors. I agree with your  thoughts about the colors he chose. If you feel that this is not what you were looking for, I would love to see photo images to get the colors more precise. Good Luck!

Rachel Mallon

Decorating & Furniture

Rachel Mallon Allied Member ASID

I will answer any questions concerning interior design and decorating. I can help with color, furniture placement, material choices, and much more. I am more than happy to help people. Please email me with questions and concerns. Decorating may not be as easy as it looks and with a little help from me you can improve your living space. Check out my decorating blog Room in a Book Blog
If you are looking to redo an entire room in your home and want professional design assistance please visit Room in a Book

Experience: I have a bachelors degree in Interior Design. I have worked for West Elm and Kitchen Kaboodle and I recently worked for an Interior Design firm in Portland, OR. I currently work as an Interior Designer in Maui, Hawaii. Room in a Book