Decorating & Furniture/wall color for bedroom

Question
I am looking for a gold color for my large bedroom and bathroom. The floor and shower in the bathroom is a light neutral travertine. The granite in the bath will be flakes of black, tan and gold. New carpet and bedspread will be purshased when the painting is complete.
I hired a color expert and he suggested Benjamin Moore HC-41 richmond gold for the bathroom and two walls in the bedroom.HC-42 roxbury carmel was suggested for the rest of the bedroom. Richmond gold was too brown and though roxbury carmel brought out colors in the travertine and granite, it looked too much like teracota.
Please help!

Answer
Dear Mary Perry,
      Sounds like your in a dilemma. Sometimes its better to hire an interior decorator to choose paint colors. I think that you should go for more a golden beige color for both          rooms. Please go to http://www.geocities.com/rminteriordecor/mary   
to see what I have chosen for your colors. I agree with your  thoughts about the colors he chose. If you feel that this is not what you were looking for, I would love to see photo images to get the colors more precise. Good Luck!

Rachel Mallon
RMdecor

Decorating & Furniture

Rachel Mallon Allied Member ASID