Decorating & Furniture/wall color for brown furniture

Thank you Jenny!  Do you have any favorite paint makers and shade names of icy blue?  What a fast reply to my question, thank you!

Followup To

Question -
Dear Jenny,

Please help me choose what color to paint my living room!

I have a cocoa brown microsuede couch and loveseat going in to a 12x18 living room.  There is already light beige wall to wall in the room. The fireplace surround is white and the tile in front of the fireplace is a little bit darker beige.

The walls are light beige now its just too too beige!  I'd like something light (I fear color) but I can't take any more browns! I was thinking a light blue but is that too cold (not welcoming) for a living room?

The living room is in between a small entry foyer on one side and the kitchen on the other. I haven't picked colors for them either!

Thanks for any help

Answer -
You've hit upon one of my favorite combinations:  ICY BLUE and dark brown.  Even though the blue is a cool tone, it will not "freeze" your space; rather it will act as a great companion to the browns and tans.

Here are some paint samples to consider:  Behr 570C-3 "Tender Twilight" or a lighter shade Behr 560C-2 "Caribbean Mist".  My other favorite is a "greyed down" blue called "Saltwater" (it leans towards the purple tones) 580E-2 - again Behr.  

The finish should be "satin" for a ever-so-slight sheen.

Happy Shopping!

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology