Decorating & Furniture/wall color to compliment furniture

Question
I have a living room with Asian furniture in red lacquer finish..not a bright lipstick red, but a deeper red. My couch and loveseat are a reddish wine color. It is a small apartment living room, with a couch, loveseat, and the Asian coffee table, end table, and bigscreen TV table. The carpet is tan, and the walls offwhite. I want to paint two walls a contrasting color to the large offwhite wall. I was thinking red at first, but I know that would be too much red for the room and way overpowering, Any suggestions? Thank you so much--Dave

Answer
The red that you have sounds beautiful.  I wouldn't create a red wall ... too much red.  Consider a taupe (either Glidden's Toasty Grey or Squirrel).  Toasty grey is more toast than grey, and squirrel has a bit more black and a hint of green in it - otherwise the color of a squirrel.  They're both beautiful with red and not overpowering for the space.

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik