Decorating & Furniture/wall color for hunter green carpet

We have hunter green carpet, dark stained trim, and tan furniture. I would love to add some color to the walls. They are currently white. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi Jill,

Thanks for your question. Unfortunatly, I do not think a lot of colors would go well on a wall in a room with green carpet. The first color that did come to mind though was a nice taupe or darker cream. This will make a huge diffrence in how the room looks from your white walls. It will look much warmer and inviting and will complement the elements in the room.

When looking at the cream colors, try to get something that is contrasting to your couch. You don't want it to be the same color or it will blend everything together. Also for your ceiling, go with a lighter complementing cream instead of white or just go ahead and carry the wall color up into the ceiling. I am not a fan of white ceilings and with the green carpet and cream walls, a white ceiling is going to look very stark.

Another option to get some texture on the walls is to have them faux finished. There are countless options out there when it comes to that. You could do a finish with the drark green as the background color and the cream as the faux finished color. This would look very classy and professional!

Have fun and as always I encourage you to send pictures of your completed project to anytime.

Decorating & Furniture

Benjamin Cottrell

I can answer any questions on interior design including color, room arrangment, floor and space planning, lighting, fabric, furniture, and where to buy home decorating products.

Residential design and Architecture as well as landscape design, visual merchandising, and sales.

College graduate