Decorating & Furniture/wall color to match furniture and countertops

I am moving into a new house which currently just has white walls.  Here is my dilemma- my living area opens into my kitchen, and I have a "moss" colored couch and grey countertops in my kitchen!  Because one room opens up into the other, I am going to need to use the same color in both rooms!! What color goes with both a dark moss green sofa and grey countertops?  Also, the color carpet is neutral! I was thinking maybe a taupe, or something like glidden's toasty grey?

Hello Dena;
The colors of gray and green are from the same family, so I would suggest a faux finish using two shades of green or something in the grays.  You could also paint these two rooms a nice creamy shade of yellow which would look really good with the color of your couch and the counter tops in the kitchen.
However, you should use at least a semi gloss on the kitchen walls so that they are easier to clean.  
I hope this gives you some ideas Dena.
Most of all, have fun with your project.
PS  I only use Behr paint, so I can't comment on what glidden might have.

Decorating & Furniture

Lora Mac Alistaire

Though I don't personally design furniture, I have made a few new pieces over the years, out of things that have been thrown away. In other words, I like to take something old and give it new life...

Owning my own Design and Painting company, I've had the pleasure of helping people realize their "Dream Rooms". In other words, after asking them a few questions about favorite places or a certain "Feeling" they want to have while in the room, I can then take those ideas and create a room that will bring years of enjoyment.

AA in English I'm fascinated by color and how it can impact your life, so I've taken quite a few classes over the years dealing with color