Decorating & Furniture/wall color for red sofa

I have a new apartment and almost no furniture. I love color and will paint all walls, trim and ceilings soon. Currently all surfaces are beige. The only piece of furniture that I just bought is a medium red sofa. I'm suddenly at a loss for a wall color choice! Before purchasing the sofa, I was planning on painting the walls orange, trim white and the ceiling... pink! So, you can see that I'm not afraid of color. I planning a charturse kitchen, lavendar bath and latte bedroom with an aqua ceiling. Hallways will be white to cleanse the palate! My next purchase is a dark leather chair, in either; sage, eggplant, merlot or orange spice. Please help with wall color choices!

Your best bet is a sage or moss green for the walls around this sofa.  Red/green are color opposites and therefore go great together.  Any shade of green will work, but "match" the intensity of the shade of green to the intensity of the red.

Your color choices sound yummy to me.  Your leather chair would be wonderful in any of the colors you mention and will go great against the green wall.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology