Decorating & Furniture/wall colors

Question
QUESTION: I am moving into my first house with dark wood floors in the living room.  I have
a pear green couch and chair.  I don't know what color to paint the walls.  Light
purple? A darker shade of green?  And do I do all four walls?

ANSWER: You must have read my mind.  As I'm reading your question I'm immediately seeing a lilac to medium purple.  A darker shade of your furniture would also look great on the walls, and yes - all four should  be the same.

Jenny

QUESTION: My husband is worried that the lilac will look to feminine.  Do you think it can be
a neutral enough look?  Thanks again!

Answer
If he likes the furniture, he'll like the lilac.  If you select a shade that is close to the same "darkness/lightness" (hue value) of the green, it will be absolutely beautiful and totally neutral.  If you fear this, I understand that.  Go with the darker shade of the same green; i.e., one with a darker hue value than the couch.

Jenny

PS:  Look at "greyed" down versions of lilac.  That will have a more masculine appeal. :>)

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik