Decorating & Furniture/wall paint/furniture color selections

Question
Jenny;
A couple of quick questions.  Am moving in a new home in a few weeks and have to tell the builder what colors to paint the walls.  I'm a color blind male, and need help with a couple of things.  I will have hardwood flooring (a rosewood stain color) throughout the house (including kitchen) except for bathrooms and utility rooms - which will be tile.

First:  In my living room, I will have a soft red (medium to darker color) leather sofa, love seat, chair.  Rest will be glass oriented - coffee table, grandfather clock/curio cabinet, etc.  With the rosewood color hardwood floor, what color should I get for the walls?  I assume this color that is selected should also be used for the hallway (from the living room to the other bedrooms and bathrooms).  I also assume I should go lighter, but don't know what color.  Grey?  Tan?  Also, this wall color that I pick needs to sort of match up with the adjoining kitchen wall color that I've already selected - a traditional gold (with maybe a little mustardy tint) color to go with granite counter tops/island and a tuscan type look.

thank you very much for your help.  

Answer
There's a perfect color for you that you can use throughout the rest of the house...it's my favorite background color - Glidden's Toasty Grey.  It's a true taupe, not too yellow, not too brown, not too grey - it's just enough of everything.  It coordinates perfectly with your furniture and will be handsome abutting the kitchen's traditional gold.  

Home Depot carries Glidden Paints, as do all Glidden retailers.

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik