Decorating & Furniture/wallpapering

Question
is it possible to wallpaper over existing wallpaper...?  and, can you paint over wallpaper, if so, any requirements for doing either one of these?  thank you...

Answer
You can paint and wallpaper over existing wallpaper. The paper must be adhered to the wall and not coming off. If the paper is in bad shape, I would remove it with a steamer. To paint over the wallpaper, you will need to sand down any raised edges, and paint over the paper with a high hiding oil base primer. You can have the primer tinted in your wall color you will be using. You can prime over the wallpaper with an oilbase primer, but I would test a small area and make sure it holds. The paper underneath could be a problem. Test any procedure you decide to use, and good luck with your project.  

Decorating & Furniture

Karen Timpone-Hockley