Decorating & Furniture/window covering

Good Morning Rachel;

Thank You for taking the time for me.  I would like to know how to decorate my windows down stair in the rec room.  Because of the ledge being so close to the window I was thinking shutters.  My windows are 36" long by 24" high.  My basement ceiling is quite high about 9 feet.  but because the basement is half inground(about 4 feet) and half out with the ledge about 2" from the bottom of the window.   I think blinds and a valance is ?not nice.

Please help!!! Thank You in Advance.

Mindy Irvine

Dear Mindy Irvine,

I think it depends on what kind of a feel you want to bring to the space. It also depends on how much light you want coming in as well. Are you able to send me a picture of the room?
Send to
Reading what you have my first instinct is to choose a shutter like you said. I think also wooden blinds would look nice as well. It is hard to say, I think if you decide on what kind of a feel you want it will help in deciding what you should get.
Hope this helps and please email me if you have any more questions.

Rachel Mallon

Decorating & Furniture

Rachel Mallon Allied Member ASID

I will answer any questions concerning interior design and decorating. I can help with color, furniture placement, material choices, and much more. I am more than happy to help people. Please email me with questions and concerns. Decorating may not be as easy as it looks and with a little help from me you can improve your living space. Check out my decorating blog Room in a Book Blog
If you are looking to redo an entire room in your home and want professional design assistance please visit Room in a Book

Experience: I have a bachelors degree in Interior Design. I have worked for West Elm and Kitchen Kaboodle and I recently worked for an Interior Design firm in Portland, OR. I currently work as an Interior Designer in Maui, Hawaii. Room in a Book