Decorating & Furniture/window coverings

Hi,my bedroom windows are round at the top then square at the bottom what kind of window coverings do you suggest?  I thought of putting normal drapes on them but dont want to make mistake on this shape of window.

If privacy or light control are not issues for this particular bedroom window, then placing drapes on a rod between the rounded portion and the square portion is fine.  If you need privacy or light control, you will need to invest in either blinds or custom made curtains to accomodate the rounded top.

If you want to frame the entire window, do so by hanging the drapery rod above and out 3 inches (above the rounded window 3 inches and out from either side 3 inches) and then swag the drapery.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology