Decorating & Furniture/window treatments

Question
In out new flat we have window facing the street 4 meters wide and to the right of it we have a balcony door (130 cm wide) so it gives this L-shape(between the window and balcony door theres a wall in the corner).This will give you a picture of what it looks like:

00000000000000000000000
         0
         0

The balcony door is glass with a metal frame,the neighbours in the other building can see us in the balcony.This is what I was thinking :put curtains only on the window, leave the balcony door without windows but paint the metal white(by the way the walls are cream) and fill the balcony with plants so the neighbours don't see us.I don't know how it will look in the end,what do you think?if I should put curtains in a L-shape ,what kind?
TIA  

Answer
First of all my apologies for not getting back to you sooner.  We had a new grandson born last week and have been caught up in that.  

Now onto your decorating problem.  I love the idea of you adding both curtains like a gauzy sheer and the plants to form a screen from your neighbors.  Keep the curtains soft so light still filters into the space. Also, hang the panels from drapery rings on a metal rod so you can pull them open and closed easily.

The plants will work well if you use a mixture of sizes and shapes to give it a lush feel. This is a great time of year to grab plants because many of the home stores have garden products marked down.  

Happy Decorating from "The Queen of Decorating"
JoAnne Lenart-Weary
www.onedaydecorating.com  

Decorating & Furniture

JoAnne Lenart-Weary