Decorating & Furniture/window treatments for sliding glass doors

Question
Is it okay to use draperies for a sliding glass door?  I don't really care for vertical blinds.  Thanks!

Answer
Danielle,

Please do! The vertical blinds are the worst thing the home fashion industry has ever come out with...they look ugly and cheap!

Choose a nice cotton or silk material and a thick rode to go across the top. When the window is open, tie the bulk of treatment fabric back with a big tie-back and just let it sag to the ground. It will look so rich. Also, make sure to have any material you use lines, fo it will be getting a fair share of sun exposure!

Some good sources on premade curtains is potterybarn.com and restorationhardware.com

Good luck and as always, feel free to email pictures of your completed project to benctt@aol.com

Ben

Decorating & Furniture

Benjamin Cottrell