Decorating & Furniture/window treatments for windows on the front of house

Do you think the windows treatments for the windows on the front of a house should all be the same?  We live in a small colonial. The living room and home office windows in the front of the house have different treatments.  The office has 2" white wood blinds. the living room has cream shades and  sheer curtains. My neighbor thinks it would look nicer from the outside if everything was uniform. What do you think?

Thanks for writing and for your question.  From the standpoint of curb appeal, a home always looks better (shows better if and when you sell) if all the window treatments are "basically" the same view from the street.  That's also why many of us line our draperies and window treatments with white, so that from the outside the overall appearance is the same, while the interior is different.  

In your case, use your own good judgement.  

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology