Decorating & Furniture/window and trim color

Question
Hello,
My husband and I are planning on replacing our old windows with Marvin windows and our interior doors with wood six panel doors.  We were considering staining the doors and the wood interiors of the windows but are unsure of what to do with the rest of the trim in the house.  Right now, our windows and trim are all painted.  We are undecided on whether we would like to have all stained trim around windows, doorways, and baseboards or if we want to paint it.  Is it a decorating faux pas to have stained windows and doors and painted trim?  What about stained trim around windows but paint on the rest? I would very much appreciate your help with this as I have absolutely no decorating sense!  Thank you!
Pauline  

Answer
There are very few hard and fast rules in decor, but this is one of them.  All trims should be either stained or painted, not a combination.  Having said that, it's your house and if you like the look of stain and paint together, then do it.

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik