Decorating & Furniture/wood staining

Question
helo angie
could you please tell me if i could wood stain in a dark colour over a slightly sheened finished teak wall unit as i do not have alot of spare time for sanding down and do you know any other alternatives to this as i do not really want to use varnish
thankyou very much
from linda

Answer
Dear Linda,

I would not recommend putting another finish on your wall unit without taking off the first one.

I am not sure if your unit is oiled or has a urethane finish. If it is oiled only it would be simple to reapply teak oil to your piece without sanding.

If it has a varnish already on it the stain would only take - or penetrate where there is not varnish leaving you with a spotty mess.

I am not sure this is what you were hoping to hear unless your wall unit is oiled already.

Thanks for writing to me.

Angie Nelson
www.freereinart.com

Decorating & Furniture

Angie Nelson