Decorating & Furniture/Too much wood?

Question
I have a lot of wood furniture, bookcases, entertainment center, breakfast nook and table, all in a relatively small space.  I am tired of having the carpet cleaned, and with children and dogs....well....

I want to go with a wood floor, would this be too much wood in one room?  If not...what color of wood would compliment the oak furniture?

Thanks

Answer
Alanna,

Thanks for writing.

It will be a lot of wood, but if you use area rugs and get a hardwood in a light blond tone where you can see through to the variations of wood grains (again, this can only be found in true hardwood), you should be fine.

Good Luck,

Ben

Decorating & Furniture

Benjamin Cottrell