Decorating & Furniture/working with an interior designer

Question
My questions involves working with a professional interior decorator. Do you know if there is an industry fee standard for overseeing a project? We have obtained a design, and are considering having the designer oversee the construction. In doing this, she will require that we make certain purchases through her. I would like to know if there is a standard up-charge fee in the industry, and, if not, what you would consider a reasonable fee to be. Thanks.

Answer
There is no standard markup.  It varies by the project's complexity and your designers' relationship with their suppliers.  

Normally, markup on purchases "still" save you, the consumer money because it's a price you would never get on your own.  

If the designer is reputable, honest and straightforward, and you like his/her work, trust that you will be treated fairly.

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik