Decorative Arts/removing brass polish residue

Question
Thanks for your answer to Mike's question about cleaning an ornate gold painted frame.  I'm going to try the liquid soap idea that Mike asked about.  Now I have another question.  I have a brass fireplace fender that has brass polish residue in the nooks and crannies of the ornate parts.  I tried a toothbrush with soap and water, but to no avail.

Answer
Hi Rosemary
Nice to hear from you.
I like easy questions and this is one.
To remove brass polish residue, use brass polish.
Just rub it all over with a rag (or brush in the ornate parts, and polish it back off.
I will just add as a note.. I have seen what I will call "shaded brass" (for want of a better description).
This is like an antique effect and it will not come off. Is there any chance thats what you are seeing?
Get back if need be.
Regards
Eileen

Decorative Arts

Eileen Cronk