Decorative Arts/Painting chandelier electrical wire?

Hi there! Thanks for taking my question...

I'm refinishing a chandelier with spray paint and a glaze over top and was wondering what to do about the electrical cord that weaves through the chain.  Is it okay to spray paint this wire as long as it is in good condition?

Thanks so much!

Hello Maggie

since most wires are covered with plastic anyway,but I would rather go to the paint supply store like Home Depot, Sherwin Williams etc and they have paint that sticks on fiberglass etc. so it should stick.

Please check with a paint shop. Aesthetically, I can say, yes it should be painted.

Thanks for contacting.

Decorative Arts

I am an artist working with Acrylic and oil paints. I do tile,wall,wood panel murals, canvas and faux finishes. If you are what kind of design idea and what will look best(design and colors) on your walls, I will be able to give you expert advice with that.

I have been painting for 30 plus years, and been in business as an artist for more than 10 years.

Bachelors in Science

Builders, contractors, designers and retail clients